750 mL bottle dark rum
750 mL bottle dry red wine
3 cups strong tea
1 lb superfine sugar
1 one large orange, for juice
1 lemon, for juice
1. Heat, but do not allow to boil, the wine, tea, lemon and orange juices in a saucepan or chafing dish.
2. Pour the heated mix into a heat proof punch bowl.
3. Place as much sugar as possible into a large ladle and any excess sugar into the punch bowl.
4. Saturate the sugar in the ladle with rum.
5. Ignite the rum and sugar in the ladle and pour it while still aflame into the punch.
6. Stir well and extinguish the flames.
7. Pour the remainder of the rum into the punch.
8. Stir well.