Margarita Chicken – quick and easy!
This fresh and light dish, flavored with limes, Chile and a splash of tequila, is perfect for summer entertaining!
Serve it right off the grill or cold! Both ways taste fabulous. Another idea is to chop the chicken up and throw it in a salad for an outdoor BBQ.
- zest from one lime
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice, from about 4 limes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tequila, optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- pinch salt and pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, 6-8
- Place all ingredients, except for the chicken, in a gallon-sized zip top plastic bag. Squish to combine. Add chicken, seal bag, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for one hour or overnight.
- Coat grill pan (or grill) with cooking spray. Heat pan (or grill) to medium-high. Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side, turning breast a quarter turn after two minutes if cross hatch marks are desired. Serve immediately.